Privacy Notice February 2018
This Privacy Notice has been issued by the Trustees and Committee of the Friends of Milton Regis Court Hall (“the Friends”) to comply with Data Protection legislation and the General Date Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) which comes into effect on 25th May 2018. This document replaces any previous notices or wording implied or issued under the Data Protection Act 1998.
This Privacy Notice will be reviewed and updated as required.
The Friends Trustees and Committee at the time you receive this Notice are “Joint Data Controllers” (the holders, users and processors of personal data) for the purpose of the GDPR.
On joining the Friends the following personal information (“Data”) is collected
- Name including title, address , telephone number and email address (this is optional)
- Under our membership levels your age demographic, marital status and employment status maybe collected, but not specifically nor detailed
- Anyone applying for membership in person will be asked their age if they appear to be under 18. Parental/guardian consent is required to join the Friends for children under the age of 16
Our website is used for information purposes only and does not store any personally identifiable information about our members. The website uses analytical cookies which allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. This information is anonymous and shared with a third party, the tracking provider.
Use, transfer and storage of Data
The Data obtained on joining and any other Data obtained during membership will be used for the following purposes
- To administer your membership
- To send you newsletters
- To administer the Gift Aid Scheme if you have joined the scheme
- From time to time to send to you details (marketing) including but not limited to third party invitations to talks and about other items we believe may be of interest to you. We do not share your Data for this purpose. You may opt out of this purpose at anytime by contacting the Friends details above
We do not share or transfer any Data with or to third parties for processing purposes. We are required to share your Data with HMRC for the administration of the Gift Aid Scheme if you joined the scheme.
Your Data is collected/obtained for the purposes and processed under the following bases
- Consent: completion of membership or annual renewal form (you have the right to withdraw consent). This will mean you can no longer be a member of the Friends and your membership will be cancelled
- Contract: in return for payment of your membership fee the supply, not guaranteed, of a periodic newsletter. It is in your interests that we hold your Data to enable us to keep accurate and up to date records about and to administer your membership
- Legal obligation: we are required under The Charitable Incorporated Organisations (General) Regulations 2012, to create and maintain a Membership Register. In addition the Gift Aid regulations require us to create and maintain paperwork
Your Data is recorded as hard copy (membership form) at the point of collection and stored and subsequently transcribed and stored electronically. This Data will be looked at/shared with/processed by
- Site staff (limited)
- Internally with essential Joint Data Controllers (i.e. Trustees and Committee members)
- Your Data will only be stored for as long as necessary to administer your membership and to fulfil any legal requirement (Gift Aid). We are required by law to store your Data for ten years after the date of your ceasing to be a member (The Charitable Incorporated Organisations (General) Regulations 2012). On the expiry of the 10 year storage period your Data will be reduced to name and years of membership.
Your rights in relation to your Data
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to fulfil your right to be informed about the use of your Data.
- You have the right to access your Data. If you wish to request copies of your Data please see below (there is no charge for this)
- On the annual renewal of your membership you have the opportunity to update and rectify your Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete and to change your preference consent. You also have this right at any time to do this by contacting the Data Controllers. Please see below
- You have the right to have your Data deleted or removed subject to legal storage requirement mentioned above
- You have the right to object to your Data being processed and to restrict the processing of the Data. While processing is restricted, the Data Controllers are permitted to store the Data to ensure the restriction is respected in future. You will be informed if a restriction on processing is lifted
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about the Data Controllers with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office)
Any queries on Data or this Policy can be sent to
92 Borden Lane
Telephone: 01795 471876