About us

Friends of Milton Regis Court Hall

The Friends of Milton Regis Court Hall was formed in early 2011 by a group of people with a common appreciation of preserving our heritage, notably the Court Hall in Milton Regis, a building that still stands proudly as an icon of the streetscape after almost 560 years. Built as Milton’s civic centre in c.1450 in the reign of Henry VI, its importance is that whilst at one time most towns would have had such a building, today there is only one other surviving example in Kent at Fordwich near Canterbury. This is why it is so important to preserve and maintain this historic building.

On the 11th March 2014 The Friends of Milton Regis Court Hall was registered with the Charity Commission as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation No 1156115, with the specific aims and objectives of:

    • To preserve and maintain, for the benefit of the public, the 15th century Court Hall at Milton Regis, Kent
    • To advance education by operating a museum of local history, for the benefit of the public, in the 15th century Court Hall at Milton Regis, Kent

The Friends Group is administered by a board of trustees and a managment committee

Trustees

Dr Michael Baldwin FRSC, PhD, PGCE (Chair)

Mike Nicholls (Treasurer and Curator)

Paul David (Secretary and Deputy Chair)

Janet Halligan (Curator)

Keith Robinson

Management Committee

The Trustees and

Christine David (Shop Manager)

Sylvia Baldwin (Education Officer)

Jenny Latham

David Fletcher